This receptacle module features dual-band Insteon technology with BOTH outlets individually controllable by Insteon remotes or automation controllers or at the receptacle using the manual on/off buttons. Tamper resistant receptacles help protect against potential electric shock.
Using a built-in receptacle provides a much more sleek installation compared to plug-in appliance modules, and now two lights/loads can be switched on and off independently from the same receptacle, essentially merging two devices in one.
When combined with a compatible controller like an Insteon Hub you can enable scheduled times for the outlets to switch on and off, remote control ability as well as alerts in case something gets turned on. You can also use an Insteon handheld remote control or in-wall keypad to control the outlets.
The load sense circuitry lets the module turn itself on in case the plugged-in device is turned on-off-on, making it more convenient when used with certain loads like stand up or tabletop lamps that might need to be manually turned on when the receptacle is hidden behind furniture.
Of course, as an Insteon device, the Insteon Receptacle can be part of custom lighting scenes so a single remote button press can turn on multiple devices just the way you need them.
Insteon 2663-222 Features:
- In-Wall receptacle, standard decora face, fits decora plates (trim plate shown is NOT included)
- Independent On/Off control of both top and bottom outlets
- Manual on/off buttons
- Dual band Insteon technology
- Tamper resistant outlets
- Local Load Sense
- NEMA 5-15R connectors
- Indoor use only, rated 0-40C
- Dimensions: 4.1H x 1.73W x 1.6D Inches
- Rated 120V. Each outlet rated up to 15A resistive, 900W incandescent
- Cannot be used in kitchens or applications with dual power feed
- UL and CSA listed
- 2-year manufacturer's warranty
- Replaces 2473SWH